zondag 22 december 2013

To a girl I love

You light your cigarettes like
I try to light my days and
I think you smoke too much
I think your eyes are pretty

And I know you're sad
but it's the kind of sad
that makes your heart
grow, your lips longing
for something  to make
you smile,

the kind of saad
that will go away
leaving you so happy
to be alive

Just sit down with me
We don't talk
We don't kiss
We don't sing
We'll watch  people walking
 the lifes they hate

Oh you can go if you want
you can walk through the
door and never talk to me
again, you can cut your
wrists like you used to
cut your arms but

don't  tell me I can't
try to stop the bleeding
of your wrists, your heart
your eyes.

 there'll still be ways to go
you'll find a way to go

Just sit down with me
etc

All these thoughts in my head
are so loud I can't even hear
the music I play and the words
I want to say to you are stuck
behind my teeth, burning inside
me, burning inside me

you're burning inside me,

Just sit down with me
etc
----
I'm not much of a songwriter and I don't even know a melody.  and she's too real to write about, and my English is crap, but still. I don't think this is too bad.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. ik vind dit echt vreselijk mooi vooral

    ''You light your cigarettes like
    I try to light my days and''

    ,maar eigenlijk alles wel en wauw gewoon wauw.
    Ik zou vooral door gaan met schrijven want je kan het echt heel goed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen